tappi digitizes small businesses across Africa. tappi is the end-to-end SaaS for SMEs across Africa, solving the problem of visibility and credibility for small businesses. tappi innovated on the delivery of SaaS and enterprise-grade tools to SMEs in Africa for as low as $2/month, bringing SMEs online, as well as building a payment platform for SMEs to access and pay for Ads online with mobile airtime. tappi has partnered and deeply integrated with some of the largest mobile operators and banks in Africa, giving them an addressable market of over 100M SMEs, including anyone with a ‘side hustle’. tappi is focused on the over $20B SME market across Africa.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer at Tappi, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technological foundation of our platform, driving the development of high-quality mobile applications that empower SMEs across Africa. You must constantly consider the most appropriate architecture, design, and implementation for mobile devices, ensuring you optimize for performance, battery, network, and memory management. You will have experience in dealing with device platform fragmentation, and work closely with the designated designer to achieve the best user experience (UX) results. This role will require a deep understanding of Tappi’s technology, deployment model, system and customer configurations, and the operating model of the deployed products.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms.
- Provide technical leadership and advanced software engineering inputs to design, build, and deliver high-performance and scalable mobile applications.
- Collaborate with product managers and UX/UI designers to deliver seamless and intuitive user experiences.
- Contribute to the architectural decisions of the mobile applications, ensuring scalability and reliability in alignment with Tappi's long-term vision.
- Estimate implementation effort and develop robust, modular and scalable solutions Develop new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensure the best performance and user experience of the application
- Test, and fix bugs and performance problems
- Explore and implement innovative technologies to enhance the performance and efficiency of the mobile applications.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including backend engineers, data scientists, and product managers, to address complex technical challenges and deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Champion the needs of SMEs by ensuring that mobile applications provide a compelling and user-friendly experience.
- Incorporate user feedback and analytics to iterate and enhance the features and functionality of the applications.
- Conduct regular code reviews to maintain high-quality coding standards.
- Implement and advocate for best practices in mobile application development.
- Create and maintain robust documentation on design, implementation, testing & release of the mobile application software artifacts
- Maintain the platform's uptime, performance, stability, and scalability
- Providing support to the customer success team on escalated issues
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience 7 years in mobile application development for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Expertise in Swift (for iOS) and Java (for Android).
- Strong understanding of mobile architecture, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with RESTful API integration and asynchronous programming.
- Proficiency with writing automated tests in Mocha
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking, specifically Axios Familiarity with the JSON format
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Passion for creating impactful and user-centric mobile experiences.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills in a startup environment.
- Good understanding of secure software development practices.
- Ability to optimize code to ensure it meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Strong system design and documentation abilities, pays attention to detail, and knows data and business requirements.
- Great customer engagement and facilitation skills with the ability to strike a balance between simplifying issues and their resolution to customers while being able to nuance the specific issue parameters to the engineering team.
- Willingness to interact closely with customers; understand their objectives; and craft optimal technical solutions.;
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and optical insurance
- Flexible work hours and Hybrid work options
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of a collaborative and mission-driven startup environment
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to empower SMEs in the digital economy, excited about the challenges of a startup environment, and possess the skills to lead mobile application development, we invite you to apply for the Senior Mobile Engineer position at Tappi.
To apply, please submit your resume, a portfolio of your relevant work, and a cover letter outlining your experience and enthusiasm for contributing to Tappi's mission to [email protected]
Tappi is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.